Friday, July 15, 2011

Saving and The Big News

#1 - I got my dream job, counseling children at an outpatient clinic.  This will go a LONG way towards helping with adoption costs!

#2 - SEVERAL people have come to me offering donations for the yard sale. THANK YOU.  I could not do this alone...emotionally or financially, ha ha.

#3 - We are going on vacation.  Some people forgo vacations while raising money, but we rarely take vacations and with me starting to work full-time soon, we decided we need to do this.  So, we're doing Colorado on a budget.  Maybe I'll blog about it when I return.  My grandmother lives in Durango, so we won't spend much money on entertainment...with my colorful family!

#4 - In Adopt Without Debt, a lady feeds a family of 6 on $75 a week, including paper goods and cleaning products.  How?  I tried, but I spent $120 last week and $127 this week.  However, I had some birthday money left over which was supposed to be for a new phone (kid dunked my iphone in water, killing it).  I found a $40 phone on ebay and I transferred the rest into the adoption fund.  It hurt, but then it felt so good! 

I can't wait to hold my little girl!

1 comment:

  1. In the past I have been able to get close to that weekly budget but it takes a lot of time so I am now trying to keep our family of 5 fed on $100/week...still tough with a teenage boy and a 3year old who eats like a full grown man! :)

    Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete