Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Will It Happen???

To shorten an otherwise lengthy story:  We postponed our Colombian adoption plans in part because I felt uneasy about my agency, the wait times for Colombia, and the fact that I now work as a therapist and don't feel I could/should take 4-6 weeks off.  I have a friend who works in fostercare, who has been trying to recruit me into that...only because she knows how badly I want another child!  I sent in all the paperwork, and now it's time for training. They want us to come for training, which is 1-1.5 hours away.  Mostly it's been on nights where the kids have other activities going on, such as my husband coaching our son's little league team.  They said they could come to our home and do the training, and then said they were too busy.  My heart aches.  I know our child/children are out there somewhere!  It saddens me to look at the pink room decor sitting in the closet in the empty bedroom.  God, please tell us what to do next!!!

Leisha

1 comment:

  1. HI.
    I've adopted from China and am doing so again. Suggestions:
    Get on Yahoo groups pertaining to Colombian adoptions and ask questions. Gotta join them first. Folks who've BTDT will give great advice. They'll also email you privately. You MIGHT could switch your paperwork to another agency. There is definitely something you could do to get help/info/etc. to continue your process. Sometimes both parents do NOT have to travel to adopt. I'm single, never married....did it by myself with a friend going w/me. Be encouraged. Int'l adoption is a BIG deal, but it can be done b/c of the love we have for kiddos. (Also...folks w/help you via private emails regarding your agency, etc.)
    Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete